Morse Park Recreation Center Planning
Planning is underway for a new recreation center at Morse Community Park.
This facility will serve the East Franklin area and all of Elk Grove. Community input is vital to the success of this project.
Cosumnes CSD will share project milestones, what staff have learned from the community, and next steps in this exciting project.
Please help by sharing this page (and the survey!) with your neighbors, friends and family.
ns a New Window.
Morse Park Recreation Center Feasibility Study
The 2018 Cosumnes CSD Parks and Recreation Master Plan identifies a multipurpose recreation center at Morse Community Park. The East Franklin area is built out and now is the time for development planning to begin. The center should be similar in scale to the Wackford Community and Aquatic Complex, but with a distinct identity and potentially more gymnasium space. The center should be designed to integrate with Morse Community Park and surrounding development.
Construction funding is available from Park Impact Fees, Landscape & Lighting Assessments, and Quimby Fees. Operational costs will be evaluated and confirmed in a business and operations plan as part of the feasibility study. Typical timing for a project of this size requires three to five years for planning, design, and construction.
- June 2019: The Cosumnes CSD Board of Directors approved an agreement with GreenPlay, LLC, to produce a Morse Park Recreation Center Feasibility Study. This ensured the facility will include the right amenities and uses for cost-effective operations and long-term sustainability.
- July 2019: Community outreach begun by asking the community to share their ideas for the Morse Park Recreation Center. Dozens of activity and amenity ideas were collected from 372 people. See the Public Input Summary (PDF) for more details.
- September 2019: Over 750 people submitted their ideas for the top activities and amenities to include in the Morse Park Recreation Center in an online survey.
- October 2019: Findings and recommendations presentation to summarize community input, recommend programming, address demographics and trends, and identify the best and highest uses for Morse Park Recreation Center. The public was invited to participate in the discussion.
- Winter 2019: Development of facility concept drawings, capital budget, and operating budget.
- Summer 2019: Feasibility Study will be presented to the Cosumnes CSD Board of Directors.
- Email List - Join the Morse Park Recreation Center email list. This is the best way to stay engaged and informed throughout the process.
- Social Media - Stay informed on the latest news regarding the Morse Community Park Recreation Center by following our social media sites.
- Directly contact the Project Manager, Fred Bremerman, via email or phone (916-405-5300) for any additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
To help answer questions that commonly are asked, the Cosumnes CSD has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions.