Benefit Zone - District Wide
Benefit Zone Information
The District Wide Benefit Zone benefits the District as a whole, in addition to Bartholomew Sports Park, Camden Creek Greenbelt, Elk Grove Park and Rau Park. These four parks total 207 acres and are packed with many high-use assets that are used by the public on a continual basis.
Expenses for parks in the District Wide Benefit Zone are shared by all CSD residents, rather than being placed solely on the Benefit Zone where the park is geographically located. Each of the other Benefit Zones (not including the overlay zones) carry the burden of these parks proportionally based on acreage.
Below are the projects we anticipate completing in the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Projects are subject to change due to weather and/or unforeseen budgetary changes.
- Annual grooming of the synthetic turf fields at Bartholomew Sports Park will be performed.
- Softball/baseball infields at Bartholomew Sports Park will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- Landscape bark will be applied to planter beds in areas where the landscape bark has thinned out.
- Landscape renovations to replace missing or poor performing plants resulting in beautified CSD landscape areas in Elk Grove Park, Rau Community Park, and Bartholomew Sports Park.
- The restrooms at Bartholomew Sports Park will be painted.
- The restroom floors at Bartholomew Sports Park, Elk Grove Park, and Rau Community Park will be resealed.
- Playground Engineered Wood Fiber will be added where needed to maintain a safe depth at Bartholomew Sports Park and Rau Community Park.
- PebbleFlex playground surface repairs will be completed at Bartholomew Sports Park.
- The irrigation intake screens at Elk Grove Park Lake, and Camden Lake will be inspected, cleaned, and repaired if needed.
- New benches will replace benches that have reached their useful life around the Camden Creek Greenbelt.
- Annual aquatic weed harvesting and weir clean out of Camden Lake will be performed.
- Sidewalks will be repaired or replaced throughout the zone where lifts and/or cracks pose a potential safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Softball/baseball infields at Elk Grove Park will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- Parking lots at Elk Grove Park and Rau Community Park will be sealed and striped, and curbs and gates painted. The roadway centerline will be repainted at Elk Grove Park.
- Annual road base maintenance will be performed at Elk Grove Park.
- Turf renovations to be performed in Elk Grove Park.
- A mural will be painted on the Jerry Fox Swim Center building in Elk Grove Park.
- Annual maintenance will be performed on the irrigation wells and pumps at Elk Grove Park.
- Wooden picnic tables throughout Elk Grove Park will be refurbished.
- Eighteen concrete garbage cans, and two picnic tables (located at the dog park and white diamond) will replace metal garbage cans and benches that have reached their useful life in the Elk Grove Park.
- Two drinking fountains will be replaced in Elk Grove Park, and two drinking fountains will be replaced at Rau Community Park.
- Concrete park signs at Elk Grove Park, Fox Swim Center, and Rau Community Park will receive standard CSD sign overlays.
- Dry rot repairs will be made to the restrooms at Elk Grove Park Kloss Complex.
- The windows at the Rhoads School House will be replaced.
- One half of the wrought iron fence around the Strauss Island bridge, in Elk Grove Park, will be replaced.
- The restroom roof at the Elk Grove Park Kloss Softball Complex will be renovated.
- Repair post and cable fence along roads and paths in Elk Grove Park.
- Decomposed granite walking paths will be filled and leveled throughout Elk Grove Park.
- Multipurpose field at Rau Community Park will go offline for renovation.
- Basketball court at Rau Community Park will be resurfaced.
- Eight concrete garbage cans, four benches, two picnic tables, and one BBQ will replace metal garbage cans, benches, picnic tables, and BBQ’s that have reached their useful life in Rau Community Park.
- The poured in place (PIP) playground surface at Rau Community Park playground will be resealed.
- Playground repairs will be made at Rau Community Park.